IT Service Desk Manager
I manage a team of 1st/2nd line engineers in a finance environment delivering to high pressure deadlines. This includes queue management, holidays, sickness & appraisals, acting as an escalation point for incidents and problem management. I use my skills in service transition to improve the department with the latest tools, whilst redefining processes and procedures and liaising with senior stakeholders. As a member of the change advisory board I play a key role in evaluating and approving change and release within the business.
I am currently implementing a new ITSM tool & contact centre solution to improve our services. A key part of this role is to support and implement all of the companies web applications and software.
I have taken from this role key skills as a team manager, managing my time and that of my staff whilst juggling many conflicting responsibilities and maintaining excellent customer service throughout.
This role saw me in direct responsibility for the daily support of approximately 200+ users across 2 main facilities in the UK, as well as providing remote support using the latest remote support tools to radio sites in the UK, Europe, US, Australia and Dubai. I also setup and maintained servers & SQL servers in a Windows 2012 Hyper-V environment across multiple sites. This role gave me skills in supporting people from all over the world on many custom software packages.
Senior Technical Service Desk Analyst
n this role I managed support incidents and service requests on an estate covering over 10,000 users across 1000 sites for local government alongside schools in the Cheshire area.
Self Employed IT Consultant
Since working as a consultant on a self-employed basis I have worked on many varied projects which include:
• Setup of several websites and content management systems for clients including assisting designers with branding clients company image.
• Managed hosting of PHP content management systems, SQL databases, e-mail and custom ASP.NET applications for clients based on Linux and Windows servers.
• Support for a charity client on all aspects of their online presence.
• Consultancy work for the Greenwich School of Management advising on several IT processes & procedures.
• Setup of automated server side scripts for user account creation at Greenwich School of Management.
• Onsite desktop, laptop, tablet and classroom teaching technology support at Pearson College in Manchester.
• Assisted in large scale projects to relocate and support users of Transport for London, this included helping with the relocation planning and surveys, ensuring equipment was correctly decommissioned, documented and commissioned at the new site, relocating data, telephony and power connections as required & supporting the users on their return to work after the move.
• Setup & management of cloud based services such as Google Apps for Business and Microsoft Office 365.
IT Service Desk Team Leader
My first task was to develop a well respected IT Service Desk from the ground up based on ITIL V3 principles. I formed a central part of the change to develop a process and procedure driven department which strived to provide excellent customer service, moving from a reactive to proactive working environment. This was a successful venture and is my proudest achievement in my career to date.
Alongside managing a team of engineers I also assisted at management level with several high level internal projects, including site and office relocations for IT equipment, VoIP phones and users, domain migrations, Active Directory/MS Exchange migration, migration to Windows 7 and a transition to a new web based Virtual Learning environment (VLE).
IT Support Engineer